Today I took a vacation day. These are things I was thinking about:
1. Michael and I had lunch together, at a local bar that has great burgers. This is a good thing to do in the times when the students aren’t on campus, and looking around, much of the university’s faculty and staff felt the same way. It was a delicious cheeseburger and fries. Mmmm.
2. Michael and I are trying to be healthier in general (mostly through a deep-seated fear that taking care of Caitlin will grow more difficult as we age if we’re not careful). Dinner tonight for me will be kashi and soymilk, because after a heavy lunch, I’m not that hungry, and I crave something healthy. This tells me that I’m really an adult: I willingly eat high-fiber cereal, and don’t mind doing so. (This would have been unthinkable in my 20s.)
3. Our other excitement was a trip to Target for paper towels. Vacation days are now also for getting errands done while Caitlin is in school, because it’s easier, and because then we can actually enjoy hanging out when she’s home.
4. Forbidden Planet announced yet another Peri action figure. While I’m really happy that they are doing classic figures, we’ve had two Leelas and three Peris. No Ace, no Barbara, no Romana I or II, no Liz Shaw, no classic Sarah Jane? What am I missing here?
5. On the other hand, I’m looking forward to the Rory action figure that should be coming out. I don’t have the link, but Arthur Darvill apparently confirmed it on his twitter feed. *hopes*
So there you have it. Have a lovely weekend! I’ll be hanging out with Caitlin while Michael does work on Capricon 32. (you should go.)