1. This is exciting! Two missing episodes of Doctor Who have been found! One is from The Underwater Menace, and the other is from Galaxy 4. (So, Troughton and Hartnell, respectively). The archivist in me is exceedingly pleased to have these bits of television history turn up, in addition to my joy as a fan of the series. 🙂
2. This has mostly been a weekend of sloth and rest, simply because we are frankly exhausted. My biggest achievement has been watching For Your Eyes Only. We’re rewatching our Bond collection again. It just feels … right, this time of year. While Pierce Brosnan is my favorite Bond (he was my first), I do have quite the soft spot for Roger Moore.
3. Today’s random thought: if I ever decided to start a blog about professional wrestling (or a wrestling tribute band), it would be called “Miss Elizabeth Looks Concerned.” Just in case you were curious. (Yes, these are the kinds of things we talk about while watching wrestling DVDs with Caitlin.)
4. As a result of (2) above, we have opted not to do our usual big mailing of holiday cards this year. Sorry. But if you’re reading this, you have already been keeping track of what our family is up to, you probably don’t really need it in letter form, too.
5. I’m thrilled to declare that despite my being infectious last weekend, Caitlin and Michael both managed to NOT get strep throat, for which I am deeply grateful. I, too, am on the mend, mostly completing my round of antibiotics.
And with that, on to Monday, in which I will finish grading my online course, rewrite my editorial for the next issue of Apex, and work on finishing up Chicks Dig Comics.