After running a 3-day conference, I took a week off…which involved seeing the Avengers (awesome!) finding a cute red dress very cheap (you’ll see that at multiple conventions this summer), and cleaning out our closets as we prep to paint our bedroom. That’s taking slightly longer than I’d hoped, but we’ll get there. The walls will eventually be blue.
Here, have some things that have happened recently:
1. Comic Book Therapy reviewed Chicks Dig Comics.
2. So did Brit Mandelo over on Tor.com
3. And, um, Neil Gaiman really liked Sarah Monette’s Sandman essay in it. Yes, I’m proud.
4. In other randomness of the universe, I picked up Joan of Dark’s (Toni Carr)’s book Knits for Nerds, and what do I see? one of her models reading Chicks Dig Time Lords. In Neil Gaiman’s library, where many of the illustrations were shot. Pic, because it did indeed happen (h/t to MJ, who pointed it out!)
5. I was tuckerized, sort of, as an unnamed Chicagoland archivist in Catherynne M. Valente’s story for Under the Moons of Mars. 🙂
So there you go.