1. More Chicks Dig Comics reviews! This time, from Sequential Tart, Bookshelf Bombshells (who host contributor Tammy Garrison for a guest post, featuring Katy Shuttleworth’s awesome cover art), and ComicsForge.
2. The semester is over, campus is quiet. This is a good thing. We’re all taking a moment to breathe, and soon we will be on our four-day workweek. That begins the week of June 4. Special Collections will be open Monday through THURSDAY, 8-4:30 pm. We resume our 5 day week on August 13.
3. For those of you that are local, I want to remind you that the Friends of the NIU Library is having its annual Ice Cream Social (with a really brief business meeting) on Monday, June 18, at 3:30 pm in Rare Books and Special Collections. We’re getting Ollie’s Frozen Custard and homemade hot fudge, and giving it away. Because we CAN. You should come. Because FREE. OLLIE’S.
4. I will be at WisCon this weekend. Here’s my schedule. Note the massive amounts of unscheduled time, perfect for hanging out and chatting. 🙂
5. Mad Norwegian Press is once again sponsoring a WisCon party, this time to celebrate Chicks Dig Comics. We have awesome drinks (in test tubes! FOR SUPER SCIENCE!) on the docket, but we’re still figuring out food, and the hubby has requested “not the usual chips and veg/fruit platters, please”. This may involve busting out the shrimp-and-cocktail-sauce-covered-block-of-cream-cheese option, developed when I was a Social Chair (i.e. Dorm Party Thrower) at Smith. We can do better. So: given that the party room does not have a microwave, give me your best room-temperature stable party foods in the comments. I’m totally open to suggestion! Let’s do something COOL to celebrate this here book.
Bonus item: I like my Nook Tablet. A lot. Still moving towards loading media, etc. upon it. But I really like it.