I have returned from CONvergence. I am mostly alive. It was a great convention. All of my panels and events went well, and I had fun hanging out with everyone that I saw there (this means, you, too, if I saw you there).
I’m now done with major travel for quite some time, which makes me happy. There shouldn’t be anything out of state for a while, at least, although Chicon/WorldCon/The Hugos is coming up on Labor Day weekend as my next event/convention. (PS: Voting ends July 31. Don’t forget!)
Apex is ongoing, but I’m trying hard to not add anything else major, so that I can knit more, read more, and finish painting the bedroom at home. Plus, yanno, shopping for my dress for the Hugos, which is the other thing on the docket. I might even manage to blog more often. We’ll see. I won’t promise.
Here’s my to-do list for at work and in life, in case you were wondering how I’d ever stay busy.
- Finish and turn in Apex August issue
- Annual Departmental Report
- Work on WorldCon exhibit
- IMLS Grant stuff
- Submit Tenure Portfolio OF DOOM
- IMLS Grant Stuff
- Finish, install, and put WorldCon Exhibit online
- Apex September Issue
- Continue updating departmental libguides and website transition
- Put more acquisitions records into Archon
- Put my published articles into NIU IR
- Weed and move perennials around in the backyard (this is a totally aspirational goal; unlikely to get done)