1. There is a new episode of Verity! Available, in which we discuss “Journey to the Center of the TARDIS” I may have neglected to mention that Verity! has also reviewed every other episode in season 7B, and you should go check out the other episodes to hear our respective reviews. 🙂
2. I spent about 2 hours yesterday doing a Google Hangout with a Media Studies class that was using Chicks Dig Time Lords as a course text. That is kind of epic in and of itself. I had a lot of fun, and the students had great questions, but my voice has been shot ever since.
3. I’m hoping to recover it by Saturday, as I’m one of the guests at the DePaul University Celebration of Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Symposium. At which I’ll be talking. On panels about “Doctor Who Aesthetics” and “Doctor Who Fandom.” Their special guest keynote is Robert Shearman (the writer of “Dalek”) and there are a ton of other people turning up as guests with names you will recognize. It’s free! You should come. Extensive details and the full guest list are on their Facebook Event page.
4. I’ve nearly completed the semester at SJSU, aside from the massive piles of grading staring me down in the next few weeks, along with several small and large writing projects that I need to complete before Memorial Day. Which would be why I’ve been colossally bad at blogging.
5. I’m finishing up the Book of Apex, volume 4, which will be coming out in October. That’s the compilation of my first 15 months as Editor-in-Chief of Apex Magazine, in handy-dandy ebook form. One omnibus to rule them all! You should check it out. Also, if you are interested in preordering Glitter & Mayhem, and haven’t had a chance to do so yet, you can do that now on the Apex Publications website.
Bonus item: The search for the Hugos Dress is underway. I have a solid runner up, and a plan B, as it were (thank you, local consignment store), but THE DRESS has not yet been acquired.