1. This week will be busy on campus, as it’s Open Access Week, and the NIU Library is hosting a TON of programming. I’m doing the “crash course” lunchtime brown-bag sessions. You should come! (No, seriously. Come to this. It’s important!).
2. Goal #2 this week is to get Caitlin her Halloween costume. We’re hoping she’ll select something from Adventure Time. We’ll see!
3. If you told me at any point in the past year that I really should have been watching Elementary, YOU WERE RIGHT AND I WAS WRONG AND I BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR TASTE IN TELEVISION. Am now utterly hooked, having mainlined Season 1 On Demand. May also be slightly crushed on Jonny Lee Miller. <sideeye>
4. We have joined the early 2000s, and signed up at last for Netflix. I have now queued more things than I will ever have time to consume. As you do. We watched the first episode of Breaking Bad. We’re also discovering Archer and I’m looking very much forward to finally seeing the original Upstairs, Downstairs, because JEAN MARSH. In related news, I’m queuing up more Ravelry knitting projects than I may ever finish in a lifetime. Chart lace is HARD.
5. Work is busy. Apex is also busy. Michael and I are putting the finishing touches on the November issue, and then it’s December, and that’s it. Then I hibernate for a bit, to emerge looking towards even more awesome projects. Michael has a couple of things out there, and is still grooving along while I take a long winter’s nap, essentially. I fully expect that there will be lots more going on in the spring.
6. Bonus item: 1/3 of the way through Delia’s Shadow and I’m enjoying it immensely. Excellent characters and worldbuilding. Good stuff. Creepy without being gross while dealing with serial killers.