1. Caitlin is relatively stable with slightly intermittent barfing. Her electrolytes are normal! She is nearly off of her pain medications (yay!); we suspect this may be adding to the abovementioned barfing (boo). We are now at the part of recovery where she’s basically mostly stable, and we need to be really patient and remember that we’re not officially in crisis mode anymore.
2. There was a new episode of Verity! last Wednesday. You should go listen to it. 🙂
3. So, Katherine Addison’s The Goblin Emperor got a starred review from Kirkus. This is the next novel from Sarah Monette (new name, same awesome writer). If you haven’t read Sarah’s stuff, you SHOULD, and this novel is a standalone, so it’s a perfect place to begin. It’s very high up on my Need To Read list. (And yes, the manuscripts live here at NIU in the archives).
4. New archival acquisitions! Terri Windling has graciously gifted us the first portion of her literary papers along with a ton of books from her library at Endicott West. Also, we are pleased to add Diana Pharoah Francis to our roster of authors who have donated materials. 🙂 There will be more pictures and such once we’ve had a chance to unpack the boxes. 🙂
5. It is snowing here. A lot. I’m officially tired of winter, and we were talking lovingly of August on the ride in to work. work. Which I’m sure I’ll be groaning about once we GET to August.