*dusts off blog*
We’ve been a bit busy this month,
1. We are setting up Uncanny. The big, robust website is being built, contracts are being signed, we’ve found our first issue’s materials and are working on converting them into ebooks, authors are being paid, and are also working on all that setting up a small business stuff, too. Plus, yanno, fulfilling our Kickstarter rewards.
2. Caitlin’s vomiting still has not gotten better. We’re logging it. She seems to be maintaining her weight. She has a follow up with her GI doctor next week, at which point we’ll know what happens next. So far, we know it’s not reflux, but that’s about it.
3. I have a new role at work. Mike Duffy, our Head of Special Collections and Music Librarian, got a job at Western Michigan University. I’m really happy for him, and have been asked to take on the Head of Special Collections role as of yesterday. This means that I’m now the administrative head of five units instead of one: RBSC, Music Library, Southeast Asia Collection, and Faraday Library. So, I supervise a lot more people, write more annual evaluations, and have some faculty reporting to me now in addition to staff.
4. New Verity! yesterday, in which we disagree quite strongly about The Caretaker and still remain friends.
5. I’m turning 40 in a week. Not really sure how I’m feeling about this. However, I can tell you that items 1-4 mean that I’m not watching much television other than Doctor Who, reading for pleasure (as opposed to reading stuff for Uncanny), or knitting as much as I’d like to given the fall weather.
As every day, I’m lucky to be where I am, and to be loved by the people who love me. And I love them in return, with all my heart.