That’s right. We’re pretty excited about this week’s companion topic. Join Deb, Erika, Lynne, and Tansy as we talk about the most educated companions–the academics, the doctors, the scientists, and more. What is it about them that makes them appealing? Is there anything that can be off-putting to audiences? Does Romana count? The answer to that last one is debated hotly (but laughingly)!
What do you think of the brainier companions? Do you see yourself in them? Or do you seem them being too full of their own capabilities? Let us know in the comments!
- Deb has warm-fuzzies about all the great, creative, non-Doctor Who stuff she and her Doctor Who-loving friends are doing:
- Deb is on Pit Stop! The Amazing Race Podcast!
- Erika is on The Audio Guide to Babylon 5!
- Lynne is co-editing/publishing Uncanny Magazine!
- Tansy is writing Musketeer Space, a serial, gender-swapped, space-opera retelling of The Three Musketeers!
- Kat is writing a fantastic blog about fandom, self-discovery, and much more!
- Liz co-edited and wrote for Companion Piece: Women Celebrate the Humans, Aliens and Tin Dogs of Doctor Who!
Galactic Suburbia is five years old!
Wendy the Weeping-Angel Barbie!
Erasing Sherlock (book by Kelly Hale)
Love and War (novel by Paul Cornell)
The Marian Conspiracy (Big Finish audio)
Peel and Steed
Mulder and Scully
Download or listen now (runtime 1:27:24) Audio Player