- Back from #confusionsf, where an epic time was had. I got to meet new folks, all of my panels were excellent and interesting and well moderated, and I participated in a Hamilton sing-along. So, a win all round, really. I’m saddened to report that the chocolate chip cookies WITH raisins were the more popular choice. What is WRONG with people?
- Hamilton. Yup. I’m on the bandwagon. I am earwormed. I am quoting. A lot. Sorry. It’s a reasonably energetic distraction from…
- Program prioritization, which is in full swing. I’m reading and scoring ~20 programs per week, in preparation for a weekly 4 hour meeting. It is grueling, not gonna lie. On the bright side, I’m learning gobs about things I didn’t know existed on campus, and my committee colleagues are all focused, and working in good faith on a rather tight timeline. I wouldn’t call this fun, but the necessary work is being done in the most conscientious manner possible.
- New Directions for Special Collections is so close to submission! We have 2 final essays getting one last polish — all of the rest are DONE — and we are in the gathering contractual paperwork from authors stage. Once that’s in, we’ll be able to announce the table of contents. The book should be out this fall, as expected and contracted. o/
- Verity! continues on with our Year of Firsts. I’m still parsing the Chris Chibnall news, and I don’t have an opinion yet beyond “yes, he’s a perfectly logical administrative choice given his track record of producing successful shows on time and on budget” and I’m looking forward to watching fandom discuss this video.