- Had a fabulous time at the Nebula Conference last weekend. Lots of excellent conversations and really good programming. Caitlin was with us as always, and had a good time.
She hung out with Joe Haldeman a bit. As one does. (Photo courtesy Fran Wilde. ) 🙂
- New Directions for Special Collections has officially gone to press! We do final copy edits in June, and proofs and indexing in August, with publication slated for November. Thanks again to everyone who submitted abstracts, and to all our contributors.
- Although I have completed my work on the Program Prioritization Administrative Task Force, the next phase, in which the programs we scored get a chance to respond to the report and provide an action plan for what comes next, is underway. So I’m working on that through the relevant library committees. It feels like juggling, a bit.
- This summer is a lot of committee work punctuated by travel. It’s hard to feel as though one is making progress that way, but I’m trying desperately to tell my inner overachiever that it’s okay, given that I just came off 2 large projects, basically.
- I’ve signed up for a membership to the gym/rec center on campus. Caitlin is getting bigger, and we are beginning the process of ordering her next wheelchair, which will be heavier than this one. If I’m going to not hurt my back while parenting, l need to strengthen my core. Expect a LOT of whining about this on Twitter. I loathe exercising in a general sense.
Bonus item! Thank you to everyone who subscribed or renewed their Uncanny subscription during our Weightless Books subscriber drive!